Monday, April 27, 2009

The Weekend is Over!

I love Mondays! Everyone is back in school or back at work and it is so quiet here in my house!
Thursday night and the 200 lemon bars went well! Here are a few photos I took right before we started cleaning up:
We were told to prepare for 200-250 people. I would bet there were only 100 people that showed up! So, we had a lot of food left over! We put much of the leftovers in the freezer to save for teacher appreciation week. We figured we'd just set them out in the media center one day and let the teachers know they can stop in for a little treat!



Friday morning daughter had dress rehearsal for her evening ballet performance. There was no flash photography allowed that evening, so I try to get as many pictures during rehearsal that I can.

Receiving final instructions from the teacher.

Finally, it's over!
The girls did a beautiful job! My daughter was in three of the dances. Unfortunately, I have only pictures of the one dance from rehearsal. I had dropped her off and went home to get some things ready for our guests that were coming in to town and missed her in the other two dances. I really loved the costume for the part she danced in Coppelia. But didn't get a picture. Oh well! We did purchase the dvd that they have made of the whole performance, maybe I can capture some still shots off of it!
Saturday night I had a great time at Pokeno. I won a few times and came home with some great prizes!
This week should be a little less stressful than the last! I'm looking forward to getting a few things done around the house and getting ready for mine and hubby's getaway this weekend, more to come on that later!
~Steph

2 comments:

  1. How nice to read everything went well. If you would so kind as to send over a few lemon bars, I could go for a snack, as I sit here waiting for my younger daughter's school bus.

    Your daughter looked beautiful. Being a dance mom is so much fun. Photos taken from the DVDs turn out fine. I did many when I made my older daughter scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 200 lemon bars! Your daughter looks so cute! I left an award for you at my blog. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...