Hey there!
I'm still here, just been really busy! I think May is just as busy a month as December around here!
Last weekend hubby and I took a little get away to Charleston! It's kind of funny since we live only 30 minutes from downtown! But, a few years ago we started doing little weekends in town trying out different hotels and being sure to try different restaurants. That way we can recommend first hand places to eat and stay to friends and family.
This weekend we decided to try out the Vendue Inn.
I just loved this gate!
It was May Day the day before and I saw several of these little baskets hanging on the gates and doors on one block!
The window boxes are always my favorites!
We walked for about 2 hours, with me taking pictures the whole time! Then, if you have ever been walking around Charleston you know that the streets and sidewalks can be deadly! Of course I had to SLAM my foot into a "bump" in the sidewalk and with sandals on it wasn't pretty! I really bruised my big toe, it turned a lovely shade of purple as the day went on!
We ate lunch at Blossom, which is okay. It was the first place we came upon and I was dying of thirst so we went in and quickly got a table and some cold, iced tea!
The inn had a wine and cheese reception each afternoon, so after a 3 hour nap we wandered down for some beverages! I drank two glasses of wine and started feeling pretty good!
We took another walk and then stopped into the roof top bar for ANOTHER beverage!
Our dinner reservations were for 6:30 at McCradys. Great food and great atmosphere! I highly recommend the Charcuterie as an appetizer, simply scrumptious! I had the stuffed quail and hubby had the Triggerfish. Both were great.
For dessert we like to go to a different place. We headed to Grill 225 for their famous Banana Bread Pudding. Totally made up for the dried out yuck we had the night before! We split the order and I could have licked the plate clean it is so yummy!
After deciding we were too old to hang with the young crowd at the rooftop bar at the Market Pavilion Hotel, we headed back to our room.
Sunday morning after another great breakfast, it was back up the road to our kiddies and real life! I felt so refreshed and had such a great time with my hubby! He's the best!
After deciding we were too old to hang with the young crowd at the rooftop bar at the Market Pavilion Hotel, we headed back to our room.
Sunday morning after another great breakfast, it was back up the road to our kiddies and real life! I felt so refreshed and had such a great time with my hubby! He's the best!
I also recently received a blogging award that I need to tell y'all about and pass it along, but that will have to wait another day. I've got to get ready for daughter's school dance performance which is tonight and finish painting the dining room!
Later~
Steph
I love weekends away and Charleston too.
ReplyDeleteHope the dining room is dry and that the dance performance was
wonderful.
pve
It sounds like you had a perfect weekend trip. I really enjoyed reading about what you did and seeing your Charleston pictures. I've only been to Charleston once and I really want to go back.
ReplyDeleteAren't we SO lucky to have Charleston right in our backyards? We used to run away for the weekend when our kids were younger but as they got older and busier we stopped doing that so much. I think we're overdue!!! By the way, I've been disappointed in Kaminsky's the last few times we stopped in. McCrady's fabulous though...
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm so jealous you can just go like that--I love Charleston, but it's just a little bit too far from here for short weekend. Everytime DOTR wants to go somewhere, I say "how about Charleston?" and he says "only if we fly there." Seems ridiculous to me!
ReplyDelete