Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day, eh, whatever...

Mother's day has never been a big deal for me. I have always thought you better be good to me all the time not just especially so on one particular day! So we just headed to the lake for a quiet weekend. Not many of our neighbors were around, so it was REALLY quiet! And that was fine by me.
We clipped flowers from our garden there:
We slept in late and napped:
And we had fun in the pool:

I couldn't think of a better way to spend mother's day weekend!
No pressure on any one!
This week our schools are doing their state standardized testing. I have volunteered to help monitor at daughter's school. Today wasn't too bad, two more days to go!
This Sunday our son makes his confirmation. It's going to be pretty low key. My sister's and their families can't make it since it is on Sunday night. They both live about three hours away so I understand. One sis is just coming in from Dallas on Friday and has to leave first thing Monday am for NYC. The other sis has young kids that have school Monday morning and it's just not doable!
Hubby's siblings aren't coming and that is no surprise. Enough said.
So, I have to get ready for the weekend and do all those little things around the house that need to be done when you are having out of town guests!
~Steph




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    The sheets where kitty is sleeping, are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect mother's day weekend. Love the kitty napping. sweet. Have a great week!
    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have never heard of having confirmation on Sunday night! Ours are usually sometime Saturday. That would make it really hard to plan anything. Since no one in my family is Catholic when my boys were confirmed it was very low keyed. The made it with their classes at school on a Saturday morning and then we went out to a late lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...