Talk about a cold and dreary Easter weekend! I felt like I wasn't in South Carolina anymore.
I had to work on Saturday and it was really cool and overcast. It had poured all night, but really didn't do much more than drizzle during the day. Good thing since the Easter egg hunt and activities were planned for Saturday morning at MP.
I saw that the Easter Bunny made an appearance! Can you see him?
This was our first Easter with no kids at home and it was kind of weird!
Normally I would be rushing around making sure that I had everything for their baskets. And, yes, even though they were teens they still got an Easter basket! Or, we were making last minute runs to the mall for something to complete our Easter outfits! But it seems that I should have done a last minute check of my Easter outfit because on Sunday morning as I was getting dressed for Mass I couldn't find my spanx anywhere! I was frantically going through drawers and my closet to no avail! Ugh! Thankfully the dress I was wearing had a longish jacket and I think I was the only one who knew I wasn't all sucked in! I'll never let that happen again.
For our little Easter dinner for two we had: Ham (that I don't eat), roasted asparagus, Ina Garten's French Potato Salad, yeast rolls and a Blackberry Lemon Curd Shortcake for dessert. It wasn't elaborate, but for the two of us it was just fine! Oh, and I ate a leftover crab cake from Saturday night!
I always like to use my Grandmother's china on Easter!
How was your weekend?


your Grandmothers china is so pretty!! And your meal sounded yummy!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteI still make Easter baskets for my teenagers! I had everyone home and loved it but I flaked out on the Easter dinner and we went to Easter brunch at my parents' club after church. I imagine it will be strange for me when I don't have kids home during the holidays anymore! Sounds like it was a lovely day!
ReplyDelete