Saturday I worked in the afternoon. It was a gorgeous day, after raining throughout the night on Friday.
As has become our 'thing', we went out for dinner after I got home from work. We went downtown and ate at Sermet's Downtown.
It was delicious! I had the eggplant and husband had the scallops. I had one glass of wine and it was a really good Merlot. I am going to have to see if I can find out the name because I would like to get some for at home. After we finished eating husband suggested we go somewhere else for dessert. He loves to eat dinner at one restaurant and go somewhere else for dessert. We have even gone for drinks and an appetizer at one place, left for another for dinner and then finished off the night with dessert at a third place! We decided to walk over to Charleston Place and go to The Charleston Grill for dessert.
We sat in the bar area and had to-die-for desserts! I ordered the pineapple upside down cake and husband had a ginger honey cake. I wanted to lick the plate when I was done, it was that good!
As we were walking into Charleston Place there was a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk and he asked if we could help him out. Well, I am a sucker for the homeless, so I reached in my wallet and I knew I had only a five dollar bill so I grabbed it, without looking, and gave it to him. As I walked away I looked a little better into my wallet and there I saw a five dollar bill! I could have sworn I had only one, but I remembered that I had a hundred dollar bill that I had been carrying around for a while, and for about 2 minutes, while I scrambled through that wallet, I thought I had handed the homeless man $100! In my panic I looked at husband and said "I think I just gave that guy $100". If you could have seen the look on husband's face! And then I found the $100 and saw that I had actually had two 5 dollar bills. I figured that would be the excitement for the night. But oh no! As I go to get out my debit card to pay for dessert, I realize that I don't have it! While I am panicking about that, husband figures I must have left it at Sermet's! So, I find the receipt from there and step outside to call them and sure enough after asking around the hostess finds it! So we make a detour back to pick it up before heading to the car. Husband says it's those things that should tell me I shouldn't drink! I told him that I could handle a glass of wine but that he had been distracting me when I was signing the bill. His response? "In a good way or a bad way?"
Compared to our Saturday night, Sunday was pretty uneventful!
How was your weekend?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Friends had this to say...