Thursday, November 14, 2013

Here's a Recipe

I made this Pumpkin Crunch Cake the other day and it is really good! So, I thought I would share the recipe:

Pumpkin Crunch Cake
1 can pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. ginger
pinch of cloves
1 t. salt
3/4 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray.
Beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spices. Pour into prepared dish.
Sprinkle top with dry cake mix. Sprinkle on nuts. Pour melted butter over the nuts and cake mix. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown on top and pumpkin is set.
Store in fridge.

Husband has been eating this with a little dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.

Two years ago we replaced all the flooring in our bathrooms. We didn't do the counter tops at that time, but oh lordy are the ones we have looking pretty crappy! So, I went to the granite place on Tuesday picked out some remnants (we are talking saving around 15-20 a sq.ft) and have set the date to have them replaced. I will have to post before and afters. I think they will look amazing when they are done. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like granite! :)
Now, if I can just get husband to bite the bullet and get my built in bookcases done!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe- I will try it this weekend. Please post photos of bathroom when done- I love to see before and after's, especially when its is not a gut reno.
    love your sweet blog!
    -linda,ny

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...