Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

We are not big celebrators of Valentine's Day in our house. I tend to do more on this day for the kids than husband. And I do this because husband and I do sweet, loving things for each other all through out the year. I don't need something on a day that the greeting card and floral industry has determined I do! We gave up going out for dinner on Valentine's awhile back... I just couldn't deal with the crowds! 
So for dinner tonight I will be grilling steaks and lobster tails and preparing some sides to go along. For dessert I made a cake with homemade caramel frosting. And that will be it! And I am just fine with that!
We went to church last night to get ashes. There weren't many people there, I think maybe because there had been four other masses earlier yesterday. I always get so upset when someone's cell phone goes off during mass, I automatically turn mine off as I am walking into church each Sunday. Well last night I sat down and realized the ringer was still on. So I turned it down to vibrate knowing that I rarely get calls on my cell when the family is together. Would you believe that I got not one, but two calls last night! And, if I hadn't remembered to turn the ringer off I would have been one of THOSE people! Haha! 
Since we are counting down til big events in our house, teen son has three months from today until his last day of school! I keep reminding him to not screw it up! Say a prayer! ;)
Happy Valentine's Day! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't go to mass last night; that was the first time in a long time I haven't gone. Glad you remembered to turn your ringer down so you're not "one of those" people!
    Your dinner sounds delicious! YS is making dinner for us (and his girlfriend), and I'm making a dessert. I'll have to eat and then run to flute choir practice! It's just another day at our house!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...