Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy President's Day

No school today, which was kind of nice. I made the teens homemade doughnuts for a special treat for breakfast.
Teen son started his new job yesterday. He had to be there at 6:00 am! He is working at Dollar General. I have only been in there a handful of times, but they were hiring, and it's not even a mile from our house, so we are pleased. He is mostly stocking shelves and unloading the trucks that come in.
His first day of work:
They have to wear black pants and a black polo style shirt.
He has to work from noon until 4:00 today. 
 
Since he is a senior and gets out of school in the morning each day,  I am glad that he has something constructive to fill his spare time! Plus we have told him that he needs to save about half of his pay each week so he will have spending money next year in college. What his dad and I feel is adequate spending money will not be adequate to him and this way he can supplement what we give him.
 
Husband and I went to see the movie Side Effects yesterday. I liked it, husband just thought it was alright. 
 
Last week husband was awarded his 2nd Dan certificate at Taekwondo. He tested for his second degree black belt back at the end of December and the certificates just came back.
 Not bad for an almost 50 year old! :)
 
Hope you are enjoying this President's Day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...