Saturday, May 8, 2010

Things are starting to slow down

I am looking at my calendar and it looks like things are starting to slow down!
This past week I was busy chairing the teacher appreciation luncheon at daughter's middle school. We had it on Wednesday, which was Cinco De Mayo, so we had a natural theme. We served Chicken Tortilla Casserole, Mexican Layered Salad, Limeade and assorted desserts. Of course there were a few bumps, which there always seems to be! But, there was nothing I couldn't handle and the teachers were so thankful! One thing we are always sure to do is line up volunteers to monitor lunches so that the teachers have a duty-free lunch and can enjoy themselves. They were very appreciative!
After the teacher lunch I felt like I could just crash, but I had promised a friend that I would help her bake 300 cookies for a cottage tour that is being held on Mother's Day in our town to benefit Habitat for Humanity. So Thursday was spent making cookies!
Today husband and I were going to make a trip to Myrtle Beach to see his mom. She has a membership to Brookgreen Gardens and wanted to take us as her guests. It is lovely this time of year and I was excited to see all the flowers in bloom. But, alas, that didn't happen for me! Husband went and I get to stay home and supervise son who is grounded this weekend! Oh, teenage boys! I just hope we make it through the next few years!
Happy Mother's Day to all my friends who are mothers! And to those who aren't, I hope you get to spend the day with your moms!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

    What a lovely thing you did for the teachers.

    I taught for quite a few years and was always so appreciative for luncheons like that one. :)

    Good luck with the "teen years." I'm just entering and I'm already starting to pull my hair out. Do they ever listen? LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relating with you on the grounding part! Middle son (who graduates from high school on Friday) has worn us out!
    I work for a school system, and, believe me, your lunch was appreciated! We had our lunch last week...if nothing else, it's nice to not have to worry about packing a lunch in the morning.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish things would start to slow down here. The new job is kicking these old bones pretty good. I am looking forward to July 1 when I get cut loose from having to do the old job too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! I'm sorry that you are missing your Myrtle Beach trip and I hope the grounding teaches your son a lesson. Being a parent isn't always easy!

    Your teacher appreciation lunch sounds delicious. We had ours Thursday and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the library chatting instead of sitting in the middle of the cafeteria surrounded by 7th graders. Your luncheon was probably the highlight of the week for most of the teachers.

    I hope this week brings a slower pace for you.

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...