Friday, May 14, 2010

10 more days of school!


School is out in 10 days! I am so ready for this school year to be OVER!
One month from today and teenage son leaves for Australia. He'll be gone for three weeks. I still have a lot to do to get him ready for his trip.
While he is gone I am hoping to make a little getaway to a friend's house in the Bahamas. I really feel like a week away would do wonders for me!


I am also trying to make arrangements for teenage daughter to spend two weeks with a friend in Niantic CT. I was trying to arrange flights and since she will be traveling alone there is only one airport she can leave from down here and it is 3 hours away! I couldn't believe the cost to fly from Charlotte to Hartford or Providence... $500 and then an additional $100 each way since she is an unaccompanied minor! I started playing around and found that she could fly into Laguardia for $178 round trip. Big difference! Friend's family said they would be willing to drive down to pick her up and take her back to NY for her return flight! So, I think that will solve our dilemma.


I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch today, but she called and said her daughter called her late last night(the daughter is in college and was gone for the month) and she had received a phone call that her apartment was flooding! Apparently some plumbing broke and she was out of town, so they don't know how long the water was leaking but it has made a pretty good mess! Daughter is meeting her and they are going to assess the damage and clean up.
Don't have much planned for the weekend, maybe some grilling and chilling! :)
Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. We only have 5 days left, mostly finals, J3 is done and has graduation rehearsal everyday next week....and graduation is on Saturday. J3's party is on Sunday and you'd never know it by the way this house looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.

    Can't believe your kids only have 10 days of school left. Ours don't get out until June 10th!

    I'm hosting a giveaway. Stop by and check it out. Perhaps it's something you might be interested in winning.

    Have a great weekend.

    Any "Happy Hours" planned???

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 more days here...well, really just 4. Friday is a 1/2 day so if the kids come at all, it will just be to get their report cards.
    Sounds like you've got a busy summer to get ready for!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...