Friday, April 23, 2010

My Not So Boring Life

The past two weeks have been super busy. This time of year it's always the same!
Last week I received an email from another homeowner at the lake. The water in the neighborhood pool had turned a really pretty green! Apparently the treasurer just stopped paying the pool company back in February and so they just quit coming to do the weekly cleaning! When I questioned the treasurer she said she didn't get an invoice, that's why she didn't pay. I'm wondering if one month she didn't get her mortgage bill would she just not pay? The pool opens on May 1st, so now we have the pool company scrambling to get it ready for us. Oh, and the treasurer duties are being taken over by someone else on May 1st! Yea!
Daughter had her school dance performance this week. They did a great job, but that kept us busy making sure we had the right shoes, new tights and other things for her costume. And I love when she tells me as she is going out the door that she can't find her white leotard that she needs that afternoon for dress rehearsal! And of course I tear her room apart trying to find it, because I really don't want to have to pay $30 for another one that she will wear one night! I did not find it. Had to run to the local dance/formal shop, which of course never opens on time, and buy a new one.
I am in the middle of coordinating the Teacher Appreciation Lunch for our teachers at the middle school. We are doing it on May 5th, so our theme is Cinco de Mayo! Now, if everyone will just take care of their jobs it will turn out wonderfully.
Tomorrow is daughter's spring performance with the dance school that she dances with afterschool. We have dress rehearsal tomorrow morning, a few hours in between and then the performance at 7:00. I am helping one of the other mom's do a cast party afterwards here at the clubhouse in our neighborhood. I hope I remember to pick up a cake that I ordered. It is the 25th anniversary of the dance school and I am in charge of getting the cake.
My parents are coming in to town for the performance, thankfully they are staying at a hotel! I really don't need their drama here at my house.
BIL is coming for the performance also, but I will believe it when I see it! He will be staying with us, but after his no show last time, I don't know that I will do any special preparations for him!
Have a great, relaxing weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your life sounds as crazy as mine. Always running in ten different directions.

    Love the last paragraph of this post. So funny. Glad to know I'm not the only one with "family" issues (My out-laws always stay in a hotel when they visit. Well, when they used to visit. Weird.). Sounds like you need a "virtual happy hour" drink. LOL! :)

    Friendly reminder...don't forget the cake!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. You haven't given me any hope that it gets easier as they get older. Ha! Hope you get it all done. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Your life definitely is not boring! Crazy, crazy days!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...