Friday, September 4, 2009

Nothing Like Doing Things at The Last Minute!

Daughter turns 13 this month. Last year we did the slumber party thing and I think 8 girls came. A month or so ago she started talking about "her party" and I told her that since she had a pretty big deal last year that maybe this year it would be better to go low key. I said she could invite a friend over and I'd take them out to eat and to a movie, or something along those lines. Hubby never had big birthday parties growing up and he thinks if they want one we should do it.
Well, guess what we are doing instead of my idea?

Thirteen 12-year-olds have been invited to a slumber party next Saturday! I was running around like a crazy woman trying to find some cute invitations and even though this is last minute, I think it is going to go okay! Just ask me what I'm thinking around midnight next Saturday night!
We are heading to the Clemson game tomorrow and I can't wait! We are going to spend the night with my sister and BIL that live near Clemson. Daughter is spending the Labor Day weekend at the lake with a friend and will be home on Monday. I think hubby and son and I will hang around the house and then head to the neighborhood pool party on Monday.
Big plans?
Have a great weekend and be safe!
~Steph

5 comments:

  1. DOTR is going to Nebraska for the game. I was thinking about going down to the Tech game (or at least the tailgate!) but it's a noon game, so....never mind! I have high hopes of cleaning out junk with no interruptions, but that's probably dreaming. I might just drink gin and tonics by the pool and work on my tan for Maui. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely lived through the slumber parties that my daughters (both also born in September) hosted. LOL No, seriously, have fun, happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I'm just so homesick for the upstate this time of year...the start of football season, the subtle change in the air. Have a great time - let us know how your weekend turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the party! I think it sounds like tons of fun (coming from a mom of all boys!);)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great invitation! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...