Hope everyone is rested up from the holiday weekend!
Daughter left straight from school on Friday to head to the lake for the weekend with a friend.
Hubby, son, and I got up Saturday morning and started getting ready for our trip to the upstate to the Clemson game!
Since we have diabetic kitty we never really went anywhere that he couldn't go too! Until a few weeks ago when we finally found a place to board him that could handle giving him his insulin. So a little over a week ago I called and got him a "room" for Saturday and we would pick him up on Sunday when we returned home.
The kennel is on the way out of town, so I thought instead of driving over and then going back home, we would just drop him on our way out. We leave the house, the cat in his carrier, and drive over to the kennel. When we pull into the parking lot it is strangely empty! I looked at the door and saw a big CLOSED sign! What?!?! Oh, yes. They close at noon on Saturday and it is now 12:30! I couldn't believe I didn't think to ask what time they closed on Saturday, it just didn't cross my mind!
We CAN'T take kitty with us! What are we going to do? Hubby says he will take us back home and just go by himself and I'm like, NO WAY! So we drive back to our house and I run to our neighbor and ask her if she will feed kitty and to just not worry about his insulin since we will be home the next day. She says she'll give him his shot if I will show her what to do. We need to get on the road and I tell her not to worry, he'll be fine until we get back! So, we dump kitty in the yard, give neighbor the cat food and the opener to the garage, where kitty will eat and sleep, and hit the road...by this time an 1 1/2 after I had planned!
We drive to Greenville and drop off son, who is so mad that he had to go with us, with my sister and BIL. We get to Clemson an hour before the game starts! AND, we DON'T have tickets! When we get to the stadium, apparently there are many people who don't have tickets and we see no one selling any! About 30 minutes after the game kicks off, we score two tickets for $15 a piece. Not bad, but they are so high up in the stands that we are almost out of the stadium! Good game, other than it started raining and I was a good girl and sat through it all!
Had a great time visiting with my sis and her hubby after we got home and the next morning before we left.
Monday we went to the neighborhood pool party and had a blast. Had a great turnout and the weather was perfect!
And today this little fellow turns 15!
So I ran out and finished up shopping for his birthday gifts and picked up an ice cream cake for this evening. Starting tomorrow, I will have to get going on daughter's birthday party plans!
~Steph
Aw, I miss saddle shoes. Enjoy the birthday!
ReplyDeletewowza! what a whirlwind weekend yall had! You need a break from your break now!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious picture!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened to friends of ours...nobody was selling tickets. They spent the game in Tiger Town Tavern. Are you watching the game? I'm about to jump out of my skin.
ReplyDelete