Monday, September 14, 2009

Well, The Party Is Over...

I can finally sit down and relax!
Saturday night was daughter's birthday-slumber party. We ended up with a total of twelve girls, which makes for a VERY loud night!
I think they all had a great time and after I had to tell them to be quiet at around 1:30, I really didn't hear much from them the rest of the night! Hubby said he heard them around 3:30, but it must have not been too loud because I didn't hear a thing!
Hubby was worried that they would try to sneak out of the house during the night. I quickly solved that problem by setting the house alarm, which my daughter does not know the code to disarm! If anyone tried to leave, I would be quickly alerted! :)
A few photos from the big event!



(my first attempt, and probably last, at decorating a cake using homemade fondant!)

(The birthday girl)

(The girls, quiet for about 5 seconds!)

Daughter's actual birthday is this Wednesday, so we will have a little family celebration, just the four of us on Wednesday night. I told her I would prepare her favorite meal for dinner, we will have another cake and open presents.
Hopefully this will be a quiet week, I don't really have much planned so I may catch up on somethings that need to be done around the house! And, since I was away from the computer so much last week, I have tons of blogs to catch up on!
Have a great week!
~Steph

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the party was a success! You are brave to host 12 girls for the night!! Great job on the cake and pom-pom decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I read your cake comment, I was admiring the beautiful cake, thinking all my daughter got was cupcakes from a mix, and canned frosting, while you obviously bought a fancy bakery cake. It looked gorgeous to me. The girls all looked like they were having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a fabulous mom! That was A LOT of girls...goodness gracious. Love the cake. I was just getting ready to ask where you got it when I saw that you did it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great. Love the colors and the girls look so happy. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well ... I would LOVE to have a party for a bunch of 13 year old girls - instead of boys for once!
    How fun. Love the colors and the cake is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...