Friday, March 7, 2014

Ready for the Weekend!

Yea! It's Friday! I really don't know why I said that, when you don't really work, everyday is like Friday! 
Anyway...
Tuesday night I hosted my book club. We had read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's a YA novel, but was actually pretty good and now I want to read the second one in the series that just came out! I picked The House in the Sky: a memoir by Amanda Lindhout. I read it back in October and really liked it. If you haven't read it, you should, you will be amazed at her story!
I made this amazing Smoked Paprika Pearled Couscous Salad. The recipe came from Giada de Laurentiis' newest cookbook. 
Then I served this Chardonnay:
I don't really drink much white wine, but this one was really good. 
Excited that we are invited to an Oyster Roast with some of my work friends on Saturday night! We haven't had oysters at all this year!
Sunday afternoon I have to work, but it should be gorgeous outside so we should be pretty busy.
I got a notification from the exchange organization that daughter is involved with and they have travel arrangements made for her return in July. So, that means time for us to book her flight from JFK to home! Couldn't find any flights to get her to Charleston until the next day after her arrival in New York, so I finally found one that will get her to Charlotte and I will just have to drive to get her. Not too bad an option since my sister and SIL and BIL live nearby. I think I am going to get all of them to greet her at the airport!
I think I may have mentioned before that I like a clean house but I really don't like to clean. Husband knows it and gives me a hard time about it! Well, I found some "fresh linen" wax melts that I can heat in my warmer thingy and it smells like I have been cleaning all day! I turn it on a couple of hours before husband comes home and then turn it off right before he gets here and he keeps remarking that he can't believe that I cleaned the house again!Shhh, it's our little secret! ;)
Hope the weather is turning warmer wherever you are and you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...