It's a new week and so far, so good!
I just got back from driving to Clemson to take college son and one of his roommates back to school. I was the one that went and picked them up and I was the one that drove them back!
Did you know that I really hate driving or even riding in a car for that matter? And I had to go get them AND take them back! And to make matters worse, right as we were packing up the car I heard husband ask son why roommates parents didn't offer to take them back. And would you believe that son says "oh they offered, I told them mom doesn't mind doing it". You may be thinking "well, why didn't you contact the roommate's parents and make the arrangements yourself?' Well, first I don't get along with roommates mother. Like at all! So, I try not to come in contact with her if at all possible. And second, I thought, mistakenly so, that son was mature enough to make the arrangements for the other parents to take them back.
So, I am home now and cleaning and doing laundry. I think college son used every towel in the upstairs linen closet while he was here!
Hope you all had a great weekend and didn't have to do much driving! ;)
Do I sense a bit of frustration? (ha, ha!) At least your son would rather spend 3+ hours with you instead of his roommate's mom. Maybe his roommate feels the same way! :)
ReplyDeleteI am thinking that is the case!
DeleteOoooh you need a chauffeur!
ReplyDeleteI do! I have always said if I had millions of dollars the first thing I would do is get a driver!
Deletemy girls offer OUR services ALL of the time!! So sorry about those 2 students who died way too young!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love when they do that?!
DeleteSo funny. My girls would do the same thing!!
ReplyDelete