Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Mid-Week Getaway

I think I've said it before, but I just love to go to our lake house during the week!
Husband had to go to Greensboro NC for work on Wednesday, so we thought to help cut some time off that drive we would head up to the lake house on Tuesday and he could leave from there in the morning. 
It was so nice and quiet! No neighbors were around and since it's still pretty cool outside, there were only one or two boats going by. 
I spent most of Wednesday hanging out and doing a little cleaning and trying to finish up the book I picked for book club, which meets next week!
Husband got home around 6:30, we ate dinner and then decided to walk out to the community dock and look at the water. 
Would you believe when we got back to the house we had locked ourselves out?! And, remember, there were not many people around. And our keys and phones were locked in the house!!!!! 
Husband thought we should call a locksmith, but I thought that maybe the window above the kitchen sink was unlocked. Now, this window is two stories up from the ground, and husband hates heights! We found a really big ladder at one of the neighbor's house and with me standing at the bottom trying to hold it steady, husband climbed to the top. He tried to remove the screen, but had problems. So he came back down and tried to find something flat that he could pry it off with. Finally, and it's getting pretty dark by this time and getting colder, he gets the screen off. And sure enough he starts pushing the window and it starts to open! He got it up and crawled inside and came around and unlocked the door. When he did I told him that I was so glad that he wasn't a big, fat guy and was able to fit through the window! Needless to say, I went and made a couple copies today to hide around outside the house so that never happens again!

2 comments:

  1. What an empty nester adventure!! My Mister hates heights too, so I can identify. So glad you were able to get the window open. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to say we will NEVER get locked out again! I made so many copies it was kind of ridiculous!

      Delete

Friends had this to say...