Last Monday was a teacher's workday, so the teens didn't have school. I thought it would be a great day to head downtown so daughter could use her new camera.
We headed to the Heyward-Washington House first. Thanks to my reciprocal pass from Middleton our admission was free!
I love the house, but the tour guide we had sounded like she was reading off a script, quickly!
I really enjoyed the gardens out back.
We then just walked around while daughter took photos.
I had thought about going to the Gibbs Museum, but then remembered that they are closed on Mondays. :(
It was getting close to lunch so we headed to East Bay Deli for lunch.
They have the best sandwiches!
On our way we passed a food truck so we went back for some dessert; a Red Velvet cupcake. It was really good! I'll have to keep my eyes open for this food truck again!
Before we got home we ended up stopping to look at a pair of boots that daughter was lusting after! And because I am such a pushover, we bought them!
Such a great way to spend an early fall day in Charleston!
that cupcake looks delicious! I know I've said this before, but I love, love, love Charleston!
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of camera if you don't mind me asking? Great pics! I need a new one and have no idea what to get. Thanks in advance....
ReplyDelete