Monday, December 19, 2011

Well the countdown is on!
Christmas will have come and gone by this time next week.
We had a great weekend. Friday night was a quiet night for husband and I. Teenage son went out with some friends to Wasabi to celebrate his best buddy's birthday. Teenage daughter went to spend the night with a friend in the neighborhood. So, husband and I ate subs and then watched some movies.
Saturday the in-laws came for a quick visit. My MIL is the one that buys me my vintage christmas decorations and she wanted to come see how I used them! I had made a homemade vegetable soup for our lunch so after they ate they were back on the road!


It is a tradition with our local fire department that Santa comes around the neighborhoods on a firetruck. One of the firemen gives out candy to the waiting children. You can't miss him because the siren is going all through the neighborhood!


Saturday night we attended husband's company Christmas party. I think it was the first party in quite a few years! It wasn't that bad. It was held at the owner's house, well actually out in his barn. It was catered and we had smoked ribs, BBQ, hash and rice, green beans, and cole slaw. It is the kind of food I only eat about once a year! But, it was very good! I made a Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle for one of the desserts. And, I learned that wine out of a red solo cup isn't so bad after the first couple cups! ;)
Teenage daughter loves to decorate a Gingerbread House each year. Yesterday she started on one, but didn't get it finished. A friend called to invite her to go shopping and she just couldn't say no!

I have a stack of books on my night stand to get me through the holidays!
Notice the one labeled Large Print! Ha, it is a lot easier to read, even with my glassed on!

I think tomorrow I will be finishing up preparations for the weekend, then I can sit back and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that the firemen go through the neighborhoods!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...