We headed up to the lake with teenage son on Saturday morning. The weather was hot and steamy but husband and son spent most of the time out on the water or in the pool (which felt like a bathtub to me!)This morning I get a voice mail when I was in the shower.
It is from the friend that daughter is visiting.
It says: Mrs. Lowcountry this is friend. Daughter and I were riding bikes to the beach and she hit a hole and flipped over the handle bars. Some people are helping us and an ambulance is on the way. My dad will be here soon, he was at my brother's swim meet. Call me.
We don't have great cell phone reception at the lake house, it's just in one of those places where if the wind blows right you can talk, if not forget about it!
Of course the wind was not blowing right for me!
I finally get in touch with friend's mom and she says daughter is on way to emergency room and she is meeting them there (she was at swim meet too.)
Nurse calls from ER and I can kind of hear her saying that daughter has scrapes on face, a chipped tooth and possibly a fractured wrist and they need permission to treat because at this time it is just daughter and friend in the ER, mom is on the way with copy of our insurance, etc.
I quickly pack up our stuff and tell husband we need to head home where I can talk on our house phone and be able to hear exactly what is being said.
We are home in record time and I talk to daughter. She is in good spirits and even kids around a bit.
The x-rays looked good, but there could still be a problem with her wrist so put her in a splint and she needs to see specialist during the week. She also needs to see dentist on Monday to assess her tooth.
Asked her to send a photo with her phone of her face.
Oh my, her face is swollen and scraped! But the tooth doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.
I am really thinking she will never want to leave South Carolina again!
And I'll bet this friend's family never invites her to visit again!
So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. How scary! I'm just glad she's okay.
ReplyDeleteIt's always something, isn't it?
She will NEVER forget this visit! Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteOh no! Poor thing! I hope this is the last bad thing that happens to her on this trip.
ReplyDeleteYikes! So scary.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kat