Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Whew!



We had our appointment with the orthopaedic doctor yesterday. He diagnosed very mild scoliosis. Of course when I had seen the results from the radiologist I immediately started thinking of back braces, steel rods in the back, etc, etc! But, since she is still growing and going through a growth spurt right now and since it is curved less than 5ยบ, we are going to only do some physical therapy and just keep an eye on it for the next couple years!

She is a dancer, in fact she attends the middle school of the arts in dance and she dances 3 days a week after school, so to say I was concerned was somewhat of an understatement. But, there will be no interruption of her dancing, and with spring performances coming up that is a good thing!

4 comments:

  1. What a relief! I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis when I was about your daughter's age. I was terrified of having to wear a brace, but I never had to. I hope the PT does the trick for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you feel much better! PT can bring amazing results! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the RX was mild and I know your Mama's Heart must be relieved!!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...