I spent the whole morning looking and since it was christmas eve, there weren't very many other people looking for antiques!
We have always attended the early mass on Christmas eve. But after seeing the numbers from last year's services, (over 1,000 at the 4:00 mass!!! And this is in a church that seats 600 comfortably!) we thought since the kids were older we would try midnight mass. Now, it probably wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that I got up at 5:45 that morning to get ready to go to work with husband. By the time midnight rolled around, I was so tired I felt sick! Husband kept looking at me during church and finally asked if I had a migraine. I didn't but felt as if I could fall asleep with my eyes open! By the time we got home and gifts were put out for the morning, it was 2:00 when I got into bed! Luckily, I was allowed to sleep in a little on Christmas morning!
This is a beautiful ornament that daughter gave me! I just love it!
The day after christmas we went to Myrtle Beach to see husband's parents. I didn't take any photos of my gifts, but I got more of the little original putz houses for my collection. I was thrilled. We had a quick visist then headed back home. None of husbands siblings made the trip from Charlotte to the beach and weren't sure, the last I spoke with them, when or if they would visit. So we just left all of their gifts at home and thought we might make a quick trip to the mountains of NC before new years and swing by to drop them off on our way.
A funny story from the lake: I am the president of the HOA in our little neighborhood there. One of the houses sold to a new family a couple months ago and I had not yet met them. The man came up to me at the nye party and introduced himself and asked me some questions about hoa fees. After I answered him, I asked where they were from. He said Charleston and I said I lived in a nearby town. He said actually he lived in that same town. I asked him where he lived in that same town and he told me the neighborhood. It is the SAME neighborhood that we live in! What a small world, or big neighborhood, I had never even seen them before!
Maybe since everyone is back in school and work, I will have more time to post. I have been sporadically reading my favorite blogs and have a lot of catching up to do!
I loved getting a peek into your holiday celebrations. The ornaments were a steal, girl you did good!!! Oh, and I have say I think I would have loved your NYE party. Happy New Year for snowy North Georgia!
ReplyDeleteNow you've gone and made me REALLY want oysters. We're going to dinner at High Cotton tonight...Hank's post-Christmas office outing. Wonder if they will have any as an appetizer? Hmmm...
ReplyDeleteLove those ornaments and what a deal!
ReplyDeleteGlad your holidays were delightful!
Wishing you all the best in the New Year :)