Friday, October 23, 2009

Is It Friday Already?

This has been such a quick week!
I guess because I was so busy getting ready for the lunch we had for the teachers at daughter's school.
Every October we plan a "Tailgate" lunch for the teachers and staff. We solicit food from others and ask that they prepare their favorite tailgate recipe. If you could have seen those tables! They were filled with such yummy foods! We were setting up by 9:30 and I think I pulled out of the parking lot at 2:30 with a car full of dirty dishes!
We like things done a certain way and ask that food donations come in beautifully plated and if they aren't we re-plate! Normally we wash everyone's things in a tiny little sink in the library that doesn't even have hot water..you can imagine how fun that is! So yesterday it was getting late and everyone else on the committee "had to leave", so instead of being stuck, hunched over a tiny sink full of cold water, I decided to take everything home and just run it through my dishwasher! Don't know why we never did that before! Easy-peasy! I just ran back by the school early this morning and put all the clean dishes in the pick up spot.
Next, in two weeks we are cooking and setting up for a district principal's meeting that our middle school is hosting! Then two weeks after that we are doing lunch for the speakers at career day! Do you think they have a lot of confidence in us?
Busy weekend....
Tonight we are going to a Halloween Extravaganza that one of the local private schools puts on every year. They have a haunted hay ride and our kids love it! The school has been doing this for about 30 years and I think we have been going for about 20!
Then, of course tomorrow is Nutcracker rehearsal!
Tomorrow night is Pokeno! Yea! I'm looking forward to a night out with the girls. Though I am kind of bummed that the weather has turned warm again and I really don't have anything to wear!
Sunday night is our neighborhood's 3rd annual Pumpkin Walk. Daughter is helping with crafts and I have to prepare some food.
I think Monday will have to be a day of rest!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Could you please come be a parent volunteer at my school?? Your teachers get some serious spoiling!

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...