Friday, October 9, 2009

It Was A Beautiful Day!

Yesterday I took a little drive over to South Eastern GA to visit one of my college friends. She lives on a 500 acre farm...all by herself! I would die of fright being alone, in the dark, out in the country!
It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky! When I arrived she had fresh brewed coffee waiting! We filled our mugs and headed to the porch for what turned into hours of talking! When we finally got a little hungry we headed to town and ate at a gas station turned cafe! The food was great and after a quick tour of her town, we headed back to the farm so I could pick up my car and get ready for the drive back to my family!
I had such a great time and we are planning to get together again soon. But, we think a sleep over is inline for next time!
Saturday is the beginning of rehearsals for The Nutcracker for daughter, so we are planning a very low-key weekend!
How about you? Big plans?

2 comments:

  1. Last home football game tonight, then hopefully I can make some progress on this horribly, horribly filthy and unorganized house. I say that every weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A 500 acre farm? All alone? She must be quite the independent lady! Glad that you had fun with your friend. A girlfriend day is good for your mental health!

    I'm having some friends over for dinner tonight. I haven't entertained in a long time and I'm looking forward to cooking and getting ready for a fun night.

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...