Yesterday I got up early and headed to the upstate of SC with hubby. He had a quick visit to make to a client and then we headed over to Clemson to meet with a realtor to look at some condos.Being a Clemson grad and a major fan, hubby is hoping that one or both of our children will end up at Clemson one day. So we figured with prices what they are, we could go ahead and buy a condo now and rent it out until we need it.We looked at a bunch! We have kind of settled on one, but are still in discussions! Just for the fun of it we threw in a house to look at too! It was a short sale and a huge house for not hardly any money! Well, we pulled up and it was in a nice older neighborhood, but it was covered in cobwebs! I could tell no one had done anything to the outside in a while. When we walked in....omg, it was creepy! There was stuff everywhere! It looked like the people got up and walked out and never returned! Dishes were in the sink and on the table! And it had a funky smell! I just stood in one place with my mouth hanging open! I had never seen anything like it before. Hubby walked all around the house, but as good a price as it was, unless I was planning to live there myself, it wasn't worth what it would take to get it in shape!
We got home late last night and even though we had mostly spent the day in the car, I was exhausted!
Our anniversary is tomorrow, but we are going to celebrate next week when my family is at the beach house, you know, built in supervision!
Happy Weekend!
~Steph
You are smart to think ahead to buy a condo now while prices are cheap. How will you go about renting the condo once you have it?
ReplyDeleteThat house sounds super creapy. There's got to be a story there.
I watched an episode of Flip this House (or flip that house, which ever one had the real estate company in Charleston) and they bought an old apartment complex in Clemson and turned it into condos. It was even on the Clemson campus bus line. What a deal, I think they were selling them for something like $65,000, and they needed to get them done fast so his niece could move in. Anyway, DOTR and I thought that would be a great idea if our kids didn't go to a school in Midtown Atlanta where the condos cost more than our house!
ReplyDeleteIt would be great to always have a place to stay for football games and then use it for your kids. Great idea! Hope you find something good.