This morning I was up and at the hospital for my mammogram. Walked in at 8:00 and was back in my car pulling out of the parking lot at 8:20! I just love the lady that did mine. She is sweet and gentle and talks to you in a very soft, soothing voice. I just want to hug her when it is over!If you love iced coffee, you must try this recipe for it! I mentioned that my mil had made a concentrate and made an iced coffee for me when I was visiting last month. Well, here is the recipe for those who may want to try it for themselves. I just love it!
First you must make the concentrate:
1/2 pounds ground coffee with chicory or dark roast ground coffee
7 cups cold water
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stir together the ground coffee and water in a pitcher until all the coffee is wet. Let mixture stand for 12 hours at room temperature. Pour the coffee mixture through a large fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding the grounds. Clean strainer; place a coffee filter or double layer of cheesecloth in the strainer, and pour coffee mixture through lined strainer. Add vanilla; cover and store in the refrigerator up to 1 month. Makes about 1 3/4 quarts.
To make the iced coffee:
1/4 cup coffee concentrate
1/4 cup water
milk (optional)
sugar (optional)
Stir together 1/4 cup each of the coffee concentrate and water, if desired, stir in milk and sugar. Serve over ice.
When I make it I double the amount of concentrate and water, and because I like mine with milk and some sweetener, I add fat free half and half and some sugar free hazelnut coffee syrup( I think that is what it is called, you know the syrups they use to make flavored coffees). It is delicious! In fact I have a cup sitting beside me right now! Enjoy!
Now I'm off for a pedicure and running a few errands!
~Steph
Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm trying it today!
ReplyDeleteJo