Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Heartbreak

Yesterday was Primary Day in our good 'ole state. I worked at the polls again: got there at 6:15 a.m. and left at 7:20 p.m.! That's a long day. Happy with the results, but we will have a runoff in two weeks and I will be working that day as well!

Remember back in March when college son was home and one young man he knew died? Well, Friday night another kid he knew was killed in a car crash! 19 years old and had such a wonderful life. He made one bad choice, in my opinion, and it cost him his life! College son went to the 2nd funeral, in two months,  for a young person  yesterday. I didn't know the young man other than remembering him from middle school and the pick up line, but this has made me extremely sad. I can't fathom what his parents must be going through! I really hope this is making those young people rethink some of their behaviors. Unfortunately I think it will have only a short term effect. I remember when I was the same age as college son and one of my dear friends from my hometown was killed in a car crash along with her boyfriend. They had been drinking and it was actually a friend of theirs that hit their car! We all were careful about our alcohol consumption for about a week or so, and then we were back to our old ways. Because you know, we were young, and nothing was going to happen to us

I have a girls weekend this weekend with my mom and two sisters. We are heading to my parent's condo up near Asheville NC to celebrate my youngest sister's 40th birthday. It should be fun and nice to getaway. I am hoping for some nice weather.

We talked with our daughter on Sunday afternoon. She will be home in less than 4 weeks! I am so excited to see her! Though, when husband asked her if she was excited to be coming home, she said, not really! I know it is going to be hard for her to leave her host family. They have become really close, but I told her they will be her second family now for the rest of her life! And, I would really like to try to plan for our family to go to France during winter break and meet them!

Hope you are enjoying these long summer days!
 If you are on instagram, follow me and you can get a better glimpse into what is going on in my life, I am nancybinsc. It's so much easier to post a quick photo there! 

1 comment:

  1. First, thanks so much for your book suggestions.
    It's so sad when anyone dies, but especially those that are so young. I'm so sorry your son has lost two friends. Sounds like you have fun plans this weekend. Enjoy.
    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...