One week from today and our girl comes home from France! I am so excited! She sent me a text this afternoon and said that the going away party last night was fun but also sad. She has formed such a great bond with her french 'family', I know she is sad to leave them!
I am still working on painting and getting her room ready for her. I just absolutely hate to paint and can find a million other things to keep me busy.
Last Tuesday we had a run-off election as a result of the primary that was on the 10th. Of course I worked, I love doing it! But, it was really disappointing how few came out to vote. That night after I got home at around 7:30 husband came in from TKD and wanted to know if I wanted to ride over to Shem Creek and go to Red's Icehouse because some up and coming country singer was playing there. I was pretty tired, but he seemed so excited to go, I said sure, plus there was bound to be beer involved! It was a beautiful night and we enjoyed the music and the sights, and a few beers for me! We ended up getting home around 11:00 and after I read for awhile it was after 11:30 before I went to sleep. The next morning he sent me an email from work and said "are you tired this morning? I don't know how people do this all the time!" I told him I think "they" can do it because they are half our age!
Not a great photo, but I took it with my phone and lightened it up, it was pretty dark when it was taken!
I guess I had better get to work painting! The final countdown is on!


How in the world did we do it when we would just be going out at 10 pm? (Well, I did, anyway!) Shem Creek...I've only been through Dorothea Benton Frank's books!
ReplyDelete