Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Weekend

I was so happy to have the weekend off! The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous. 
First up, a trip through the drive-thru on Saturday morning before running errands!


Saturday evening husband and I went out to grab dinner. We went to our favorite burger joint here in town, even though I no longer eat meat! They do make a mean grilled cheese! The weather was so perfect we ate outside, though we were the only ones and I think the waitress wasn't happy to have to come all the way outside to check on us!

That night I gathered with some girlfriends to visit with one of our group, who now lives in Mississippi, and was in town for a visit. It was great to sit around outside and talk while watching the fireflies blink in the woods behind us! That is such a rarity for us, I think because of all the pesticide use in our yards!

Sunday afternoon I made these cookies:
They are called Gaia Cookies. You can find the recipe if you do a google search. They are really good! 

Teen daughter sent me some photos from her weekend:


They went to Reims and  took her around to see the sights. While they were eating she noticed some US military people at a table behind them! She went over to speak to them and learned they were from Pennsylvania! 

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...