A new HBO series, True Detective, started Sunday night. Well, I missed it being up at the cabin, but I caught the rerun last night. I love it! Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are wonderful. And, I love seeing Woody with some hair! Check it out, it's on Sundays at 9:00.
Last night husband came home from work and said "Guess what happened to me on the way to work?" I couldn't guess and he proceeded to tell me that he was rear-ended on the road between Summerville and Walterboro, which is a horrible road to begin with! He said as he was driving he saw a pickup truck heading towards him that had apparently lost control. It was swerving from one side of the road to the other and still going at a high rate of speed! Husband says he really doesn't remember what he did, he said it seemed so surreal as it was happening. But he thinks he slowed down and had almost come to a stop when the truck blew past him and kept speeding away. A few seconds later he felt and heard a crunch, as the lady behind him ran smack into him! It didn't do much damage to his car, which I thought was a miracle since I think it is a piece of plastic crap! Can you tell I don't like his car? Anyway, he said her car was totally crunched in the front all the way to the engine! It took an hour for the highway patrol to get there and an ambulance that was called for the woman (she was pretty shaken up) never arrived! When husband called to see what the hold up was, he was told that they were doing the best they could everyone was handling an "incident" in Walterboro. Husband thinks the guy that almost ran him off the road was trying to flee from the "incident", whatever that was! You know how when you hear something that happened, and even though it turned out fine, you start imagining what if? Well, that's what started happening with me.... What if the guy had crashed head on into my husband, what if..... Yeah, everything was fine, but it makes you realize that things can turn on a dime!

That is so scary!!!
ReplyDelete