Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It Was a Perfect Weekend!



We had such a great weekend! 
I headed up to our cabin on Thursday, making stops along the way for a vacuum and a radio/cd player that was much needed.
When I got there I needed to turn on the water. Husband makes us turn it off at the outside thingy so that if a pipe should break we won't be faced with a flood. I went around to the side of the house to open the lid and turn the know and when I moved the lid something stung the crap out of my finger! I couldn't see anything but it just continued to feel like something was still stinging me! I was flinging my hand all around and trying to "brush" it off but still saw nothing! So then I start thinking all kinds of weird thoughts, like what if I start having some reaction and I need help. I am in the middle of nowhere with little to no cell phone reception and husband isn't supposed to be there for a few hours! So, I saw that when I pulled into the driveway there was still a faint signal on my phone so I left it in the car on the seat. I quickly went and sent son a text, who is about 25 miles away and told him that if I died it was because something bit me! I think he was a little concerned by the text and started asking all sorts of questions! Needless to say, I was fine! Some friends thought it could have been a scorpion sting, maybe because we are always finding dead ones in the cabin.
I went into Clemson to meet husband for a late dinner and we ate at my favorite place, Brioso.
Friday, while husband was out visiting clients, I met up with an old high school friend for lunch. We had a great time catching up! Then I went and took college son for a haircut and to the grocery store for a little food for his condo. That night husband and I ate at the clubhouse and then headed back into Clemson and tried to find some friends that we knew where in town. We were unsuccessful, but we did walk around and look at the homecoming displays. I remember fondly working on the floats for homecoming when I was in college, we always had a blast!
Saturday I made a few things for tailgating and then we headed to meet up with some friends. The game was a blow-out! We left at the beginning of the 4th quarter and headed to a bar downtown to watch the end of the GA/LSU game. So glad GA won! 
I had to work Sunday afternoon at Middleton Place so I got up early and made the 4 hour drive back to the lowcountry! UGH! I was so tired Sunday night!
Haven't heard from teen daughter, she said she wasn't going to use her ipad for three weeks and that we'd skype then. I don't like not hearing from her. Husband is worried that she could be Taken and we would never know! I feel sure she is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...