Just filed our taxes! We get a little bit back, but we owe a little more than our refund. :(
So, I got the guest room to an inhabitable state before the in-laws got here.
This is what it looked like on Friday night:
No artwork on the walls or mirror over the dresser, but there was new bedding and a freshly painted room! I am not expecting company anytime soon, so I have time to put the finishing touches on it.
On Friday night husband and the teens took me out for pizza for my birthday a day early. I appreciated the thought!
Saturday the in-laws arrived mid-morning. We decided to head to our favorite burger joint in town for lunch. I especially like it since I have become a vegetarian and they have a killer grilled cheese! ;)
After lunch we drove them around showing them some of the old houses in town.
Husband and FIL headed out to play a round of golf and I took MIL to Middleton Place since she had never visited before.
There were huge tents set up and many people working to get ready for a wedding and reception there that night.
I took this photo of one of the lambs that was born within the last week:
Can you see him/her behind the mom?
We toured the house Museum and walked around the gardens a bit before heading home.
Sunday husband took his dad to The Masters.
That was our Christmas gift to him this past year. Even though they spent most of the day in the rain, I think he had the time of his life!
Now I am trying to clean up from the weekend and planning the rest of my week.
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Friends had this to say...