Well, I can't seem to get any photos to upload, so this is a photo-less post!
Can't believe that it has been quite a while since my last post! Life just seems to get in the way sometimes.
The weather here has been kind of crazy! The weekend before last it was in the 80's! Today it will barely hit 50! That's exactly one of the reasons I don't like living here. When it is January I want it to be cold!
Husband's grandmother died last Friday night. My MIL found her on the floor, dead on Saturday! The coroner says it was a massive heart attack.That has had me out of sorts! We had just seen her the Sunday before when she road down to our house with her daughter to pick up husband's cousin who was spending the weekend with us. I guess it was a blessing that it was sudden and not a long drawn out illness. And, she was 91 years old! So I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was! She was one of the most youthful 91 year olds I had ever known. In fact it was kind of funny because when she got here on Sunday she was complaining that she was stiff from having to ride in the car for 2 hours and she just didn't know how she was going to be able to bowl the next morning! Yes, she was on a bowling league! And she went to the gym 5 days a week. She traveled extensively here and abroad! When her husband died about 12 years ago we all wondered how she was going to fare. She was a rather shy person and we worried about her. Well she really proved us all wrong! She loved to play games and was in a Pokeno group like I am!
Every year for Christmas she gave me a subscription to Martha Stewart Living and each month when I get my magazine I will think of her.
She has four children, two that also lived in Myrtle Beach and one in Miami and one in Virginia. So it has taken awhile for them all to gather to finalize plans. I just found out last night that the funeral will be on Saturday. So we will be heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend.
Hope you are staying warm!
Oh I am sorry to hear of your loss, though as she was such a great age, should have been expected... but with such vitality as you said, of course you all expected her to live forever!!And she sounds like she had a ball for the last years of her life and how lucky is that!?? I hope your family won't be too sad for long, she obviously was a fantastic person and you'll enjoy actually coming together to celebrate the life she had.. what a super thing to be, so active at that time of life.!!. Thoughts are with you coping, although I dont know you,[ in blogland we all feel so close... ]so hugs from across the pond and wishes that all goes well in saying goodbye to such an amazing woman.. god bless too..Janzi
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear of your loss. Hope we can all be so active so late in life!
ReplyDeleteOh honey, big hugs. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she was very special and such an important part of your family. Of course you are feeling a bit off after seeing her so alive, full of energy and life and then this sad and terrible thing happening. I am sending you hugs and love and wishing you peace and comfort at this tough time. God Bless her and the 91 beautiful years this earth had her as one of our angels xo
ReplyDelete