Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just Something I Threw Together...

It's been a little on the cold side here along the SC coast, if you can call mid-50's cold!
But, I decided that I wanted to make some homemade soup and just have a soup and grilled cheese sandwich kind of supper last night.
So I did, and it was so good!
Here's what I did:
Chopped into big chunks two rhutabagas and some carrots. Placed them on a baking sheet and drizzled with olive oil and roasted for 45 minutes at 375 ยบ.
Then in a big stock pot I sauteed a medium onion and two cloves of garlic in some olive oil.
I added 10 1/2 cups of vegetable stock after the onion had become translucent.
Once the veggies were done roasting in the oven I threw them in and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. I added a little squeeze of tomato paste and hen I threw in a cup of pearl couscous, stirred it around and let it simmer for 30 more minutes, stirring occasionally. 
And that's it!
It was so good, and there was enough leftover that I can have some for lunch today!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish, might have to give it a try. We eat soup all Winter and I was just telling the boys I need to find a few new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...