I just couldn't seem to find a few spare minutes to sit down and recap our holiday! Of course, I could always find a spare minute or two to read your blogs and see how your holiday went! ;)
So, before it becomes February, I give you our Chirstmas:
The Saturday before Christmas we headed to the upstate of South Carolina for Christmas with my family. We went straight to my parents, even though we would be staying at our new little house nearby.
Of course it's never a party until someone spills red wine on the carpet:
We ate our traditional dinner of lasagna, green bean bundles, salad and bread.
And, apparently, while we were eating Santa came and left gifts for the grandkids and filled all our stockings!
That night the kids spent the night at Grandma and Papa's while husband and I went to our own bed to sleep! I am loving having this house up there!
The next morning we headed to my sister and her mister's house for brunch.
We took lots of photos, and made sure to get one with my parents and the grandkids!
I had planned to go back to the mountain house after brunch and not head home until the next morning, but I was met with a chorus of Noes! Because you know it would be just awful to be without cell phone or internet for 24 hours! So, we went back over to my parents to grab the kid's stuff and headed back to our home in the lowcountry.
Christmas eve we put out our luminaries. We went to the 10:30 mass and it was absolutely beautiful! It was midnight before we got home and then I was so keyed up, I didn't go to sleep until around 1:00 am! That was okay, since the teens slept in until around 10:30!
Santa came!
I baked Trader Joe's mini croissants, that are very much like the ones you can order from William-Sonoma, for our brunch along with omelets, grits and a fruit salad. The croissants are out of this world! And for only 4.99 for a box of 8 you can't afford to not try them!
Some sweets for after dinner:
We spent alot of time around the house enjoying each other's company. Husband and I saw two movies, Jack Reacher and Skyfall. I liked both.
We always spend New Year's Eve at our lake house. All of the neighbors in our little community gather to ring in the new year with a pot luck hosted by one of the families.
Sunset on NYE at the lake:
Me (in the back in the middle) surrounded by my lake buddies!
Whew! If you're still with me, that was probably a little overload, but at least I am caught up and ready for 2013!
Happy New Year!
ETA: I just noticed that my Christmas Day post didn't post as scheduled, so weird! It's there now, just a little late! :-)
ETA: I just noticed that my Christmas Day post didn't post as scheduled, so weird! It's there now, just a little late! :-)


You had a wonderful Christmas!!! We're tried those TJ croissants ~ very good!
ReplyDeleteLove the lake buddies shot!! Happy 2013!!!
Next time I go to the big city, I'm going to have to remember to go to Trader Joe's and check out those croissants! Sounds like you had a good (and busy!) holiday!
ReplyDelete