Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Weekend!

Yay for the weekend!
I think this weekend will be kind of low key, so that is a good thing.

Teenage son got two acceptance letters yesterday to two of the many colleges he has applied to:

It's amazing how much their self confidence is boosted when they get that first letter/letters. I think he feels like "someone actually wants me"! Some of the bigger universities won't send out letters until the week of February 15th, so we still have a little waiting to do before a final decision is made. I am excited for him!
Our kids still have school on Monday and Tuesday, so we won't be leaving for our Thanksgiving getaway until Wednesday. I am kind of itching to start some Christmas decorating... maybe I'll do some the first of the week so that the house will be ready for the holidays when we get back!
Have a great weekend!

 

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I remember when I got my letter...I showed it to a sister and her comment was "did you think you wouldn't get in?" Kind of burst my bubble a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is huge!!!! Big congrats to you mommy!!! You worked hard for this too xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son, how exciting!!!
    Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...