Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wow! How did it get to be September already? And we are into the third week of school!
I finally finished painting the corner cupboard at the lake house. I took my small collection of McCoy pottery up to put on the shelves, looks like I need some more!
With the beginning of September comes "birthdaypalooza" here in our house! Today, sweet husband turns 48 49. I am making him a banana pudding instead of cake, since we have two more birthdays that quickly follow.
The teens have pretty big milestone birthdays this year. Son turns 18 on Saturday and daughter turns 16 on the 16th.
 Being a boy, son doesn't really want much for his birthday. He would really love for us to let him throw a huge party for all his friends at our lake house with no adult supervision. That will NOT happen! 
Of course I thought daughter would want to go all out with a big party, but she has decided that she wants to go to Myrtle Beach for the weekend and to have a friend come along. As much as I hate Myrtle Beach, I agreed though. So for the weekend after her birthday I rented a 3 bedroom condo on the beach. I plan to relax, husband will probably play golf with his dad, son will probably pout in one of the bedrooms because we made him come with us, and daughter and her friend will act like lizards and soak up the sun!
Happy humpday!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your beach weekend. Your kids are growing up fast!

    I have two green pots like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, don't care for MB either! My boys love it though. :) But the weekend plans sound perfectly fun to me ~ enjoy the time together and Happy Birthday to all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty collection. Looks great against the white background

    October is our crazy birthday month-me, my sister, my mom, and my brother in law!

    Happy birthday to your daughter, son, and husband!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...