Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quiet Weekend

Well, I tried to upload a photo of some very pretty flowers that my neighbor brought over before they left for the long weekend, but they kept loading sideways! What's up with that?
I think this was the first Memorial Day Weekend we stayed home in years! 
With the cat coming home from the vet on Friday, I knew we would have to stay home to do some nursing. He was doing so well at the vet's. Was eating and drinking and so when he came home we thought he had turned a corner! Well, not so fast! By Saturday afternoon he wasn't eating and now we are feeding him with a syringe! It baffles me as to why the change, but I feel like he won't be able to go on much longer like this. I know we could probably take him back to the vet and they could start an IV of fluids and probably bring him back, but for how long? And we have spent sooooo much money already, I just can't see spending more if we can't be guaranteed a complete recovery.  Decisions!
Friday was the last day of school. Teen son, who has never worked a day in his almost 18 years, started a summer job today! He called me on his lunch break to let me know that I didn't pack any chips in his lunch and he was starving, and so hot, and felt like he was going to throw up! I just had to laugh! Welcome to the real world baby boy! 
I am so ready for a break! So far no plans yet because everything depends on the health of kitty! 
Have you got big plans for the summer?
 

4 comments:

  1. DOTR told J4 to get his butt out of bed and find a job (of course we were so focused on graduation that we haven't pushed it!) He was always the worst about lunch--ticked off if you didn't make it for him, but complained about what you packed. We will survive....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A life without chips is no life at all!! LOL Poor kitty. I feel bad for you. As for me the summer plans are camp, camp, camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh poor kitty, i hope he starts eating and gets better. vets costs are crazy. had to laugh about your son, that's gonna be my boys one day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your cat. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...