Our sweet cat came home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon,
I took him to our new vet on Friday and they kept him for the afternoon to give him fluids since he was a little dehydrated.
Saturday morning I took him back to the vet to have the catheter removed and to see if he needed more fluid. Of course he needed more fluids, so he stayed until they closed around noon.
He is still recovering.
He won't eat on his own, I have to feed him by hand! I scoop some of the cat food onto my fingers and he will eat it off of them! And he won't drink out of his water bowl, so we have started putting water into a medicine syringe and squirt it into his mouth!
I feel like I have newborn and I am too old for that!
We are waiting for the culture of his abscess to come back today to see if the antibiotic he is on is actually working on it.
Each day he seems a little better, but he still has a long way to go! We have put so much money into his treatment and recovery it is almost ridiculous but he is a part of the family, so when do you draw the line?
Saturday we went to a neighbor's house for a cinco de mayo party. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to just be relieved of my nursing duties for a little bit!
Last Wednesday teenage son got his driver's permit. Finally, he is already 17! He was never really interested in getting it but now that all his friends are driving he decided it was time. Now he is driving me crazy wanting to drive around the neighborhood all the time! We have told him that he will have to take a professional driving course before we will let him drive with us on the main roads!
Looking forward to next weekend when I will be gone to Hilton Head for a girls weekend!
Hope your week is great!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Friends had this to say...