We had a great weekend. Friday was a teacher's workday so the teens were out of school.
We had been planning for awhile to have my SIL come for a visit and she and her boyfriend came on Friday.
We headed out to Middleton Place Plantation and spent several hours touring the house, and walking around the gardens. The azaleas are in bloom and it is really looking pretty.
We had been planning for awhile to have my SIL come for a visit and she and her boyfriend came on Friday.
We headed out to Middleton Place Plantation and spent several hours touring the house, and walking around the gardens. The azaleas are in bloom and it is really looking pretty.
By the time we were finished it was almost time for dinner. So we headed home and ordered pizzas.
Saturday morning we went to our little town and walked around a bit and then I gave them a tour of the older part of town.
We went back by the house to see if husband wanted to tag along to Charleston, but he managed to get the truck stuck in the yard when he was unloading some mulch, so he stayed behind to work on getting it unstuck!
We had lunch at Eli's Table. It was pretty good.
Saturday morning we went to our little town and walked around a bit and then I gave them a tour of the older part of town.
We went back by the house to see if husband wanted to tag along to Charleston, but he managed to get the truck stuck in the yard when he was unloading some mulch, so he stayed behind to work on getting it unstuck!
We had lunch at Eli's Table. It was pretty good.
Then we headed down toward the Battery.
I love walking around downtown and looking at the houses. It is such a shame that even though it is only a 30 minute drive, we hardly ever get down there unless we have company!
I love walking around downtown and looking at the houses. It is such a shame that even though it is only a 30 minute drive, we hardly ever get down there unless we have company!
Teen daughter wanted to take some photos for her photography class. So I took my camera for her to use. But, I thought I had charged the battery, apparently not! She was not happy, especially when we kept pointing out things that would have made a great photo!
(These photos were from a different trip!)
(These photos were from a different trip!)
We had a great time, but must have walked several miles!
We grilled dinner Saturday night and enjoyed a bottle, or two of wine!
Sunday morning we all got up and went to Mass.
Our visitors left around noon, and I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon while we had a little thunderstorm!
It was a great weekend, but boy am I glad Monday is here!
We grilled dinner Saturday night and enjoyed a bottle, or two of wine!
Sunday morning we all got up and went to Mass.
Our visitors left around noon, and I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon while we had a little thunderstorm!
It was a great weekend, but boy am I glad Monday is here!

Just love downtown.. we will be in Charleston the weekend of March 30th!! I am taking oldest girly to Family Circle Cup april 5th!!
ReplyDeleteWow. Awesome pics. Love them - so happy I found your blog - so fun to follow along.
ReplyDeletewhat a fun weekend!! naps in the afternoon during a thunderstorm??? sigh.. just lovely xo
ReplyDeleteThese photos are why I am dying to do a NC/SC road trip. So many charming little places!
ReplyDeleteI fully intend on having shutters when I buy a house.
ReplyDelete