Our house has hardwood floors downstairs and carpet going up the steps and all over upstairs.
The carpet appears to be the cheapest the builder could find and after 16 years, 8 1/2 of which where occupied by two children and two cats, it is time for a long over due change!
I am thinking I would like to go ahead and put hardwood floors upstairs too.
Got an estimate yesterday.... yikes!
Any pros and cons out there?
The carpet appears to be the cheapest the builder could find and after 16 years, 8 1/2 of which where occupied by two children and two cats, it is time for a long over due change!
I am thinking I would like to go ahead and put hardwood floors upstairs too.
Got an estimate yesterday.... yikes!
Any pros and cons out there?


For me personally, I would always go with hardwood. We have been having this same discussion for over a year at our house. I've heard all year that carpet makes "the floor is comfy" but wood lasts forever. We've had ours refinished once in 19 years and probably will again in the next 2 years. I just love thim and could kick myself for not just putting them in the whole house when we built.
ReplyDeleteWhat color of carpet are you thinking of you go that route?
Hardwoods..I love them!!
ReplyDeleteWe have hardwoods in the living room, bedrooms, and hallway. The only bad thing I see about it is that it shows dust. BUT, I found the Bona system that works wonderfully on the hardwoods! (Gosh, that sounded like a commercial, didn't it?) :D
ReplyDeleteMy entire house (except for the bathroom) is hardwood and I love love love them. I have bought area rugs for certain places and like the versatility this allows b/c if an area rug gets dirty or you grow tired of it, it is an easy change to make. I put area rugs in the bedrooms that match the color/style of each room and I think it looks great.
ReplyDelete(I just found your blog today...can't remember where I was that I clicked on it...maybe "Just Ask Beth"?)