Last night was Pokeno night with the girls. We always have such a fun time and last night is was a small group which made it even better!
I was talking to an "acquaintance", she would probably say I was her friend, I don't consider her my friend. I've mentioned her before: she was the one that left her son with us for a week back in the fall, she lets her son walk a couple miles to hang out at the movie theater and doesn't mind if he isn't home until after 11:00 at night, and it goes on and on!
Anyway, our sons haven't been hanging out much together lately. She told me her son has a girlfriend now and they spend all of their time together. Then she proceeds to tell me that her son's girlfriend (they are 15 and in the 9th grade) spends the night at their house sometimes. But, that it is okay because she sleeps in the boy's room and he sleeps in the playroom! Okay, am I a prude, because I just think this is inviting disaster? For one, I would NEVER allow my daughter to spend the night at a boyfriends house, I don't care who his parents were! And second, I wouldn't allow my son to have a girl spend the night at our home! This woman appears to think that this is just the sweetest thing!
What do you think? Am I overreacting?
This woman must be in complete denial. Do you think that she thinks about what these two probably do after she is asleep? She is definitely inviting disaster!!
ReplyDeleteYou know what I'm going to say about that! She ain't too bright...I just don't know about some people. A pal of mine from college and her husband both seem PROUD that their boys got "experience" back when they were in high school. I do NOT get it!
ReplyDeleteWow....she is going to be a grandmother way too soon!
ReplyDeleteBoth sets of parents are crazy to allow this! I would never let my son or daughter do this either! I'm with Laura. You'll see how cute she thinks it is when she becomes an early grandmother.
ReplyDelete