I got the tree put up on Friday afternoon! And yes, I see that the angel is a little crooked, I'll work on that!
I finished Christmas shopping for husband's family and actually wrapped the night before we were to go visit!
We were almost out the door to come home when I realized that I had not taken a group photo. Husband's family are not big picture takers and I knew that if I put a stop on our leaving to get a photo it would be met with lots of groans, so I just said 'what the heck, maybe next year."
I did take the food I said I would, though instead of the Red velvet Brownies, I ended up just cutting up a chocolate cake that I had already made and put it on a platter. Would you believe everyone wanted to know what I did to the green beans, they were so good!? Ha! And an interesting thing about SIL telling me we need to cook and assigning me food to bring. When I walked in with all my food, MIL kept exclaiming "oh my, you brought all this food!" She had prepared soooo much to go with the ham! And, SIL didn't make ONE THING! I was the only one that brought something and I looked pretty stupid for doing so! I was really mad then, but kept my mouth shut, but I think next time she gives me an assignment, I am going to tell her I can't do it.
We stayed only about 4 hours and then made the 2 hour trip back home.
We stayed only about 4 hours and then made the 2 hour trip back home.
Yesterday afternoon was the pokeno christmas party. The hostess had the most beautiful christmas decorations in her home. I meant to take my camera and take some photos, but I totally forgot! We had wonderful food and then had a little ornament exchange. The ornament was supposed to be in the $8-$10 range. I found a really pretty Waterford ornament at tj maxx to take. I was a little disappointed in the ornament that I received. It is a cute little bear, but when I looked closer at it I noticed that it has a date on the bottom on his foot which says 2005! I am kind of thinking this was recycled? Everyone else got some really cute ornaments, oh well, I still put him on our tree when I got home.
Right now the granite people are here installing the new bathroom counters! I can't wait to see them all finished! I took before photos and I'll have to take some afters to post so you can see them too!
Right now the granite people are here installing the new bathroom counters! I can't wait to see them all finished! I took before photos and I'll have to take some afters to post so you can see them too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Friends had this to say...