Maybe if I stayed off the computer reading your blog posts I would get my tree up and decorated! Ha, there ya go, I will place the blame on you!
We go to Myrtle Beach tomorrow to celebrate christmas with husband's family. MIL has been talking about serving a Honey Baked Ham for weeks now. I get a text from SIL last friday tellling me that we need to cook on Saturday and what do I want to bring? I tell her 'whatever" and then get a text back saying to bring "a good salad and a vegetable that my family likes and a dessert. Okay, first of all what is a 'good' salad? Second, I live 2 hours away! If I have to make half of the meal I would just as soon have everyone come to my house and cook the whole thing! I have worked myself into a tizzy over this! Husband says it's typical of his family and not to let it bother me. So, this is what I have decided to do: I bought a large bag of mixed green lettuces and plan to dump in some goat cheese crumbles and dried cranberries and toss it with my homemade white balsamic vinaigrette. That's a good salad to me! I Then, since college son and husband love green beans, I am taking big CANS of them and I will throw them in a pot and heat them up when I get there! I started to get a dessert from the bakery down the street, but since I do think I have a few spare minutes and I like to bake, I am making Red Velvet Brownies and those will be dessert! I think I am going to have to take my flask to get through the day! ;)
Sunday is my pokeno group's christmas get together. It is in the afternoon and should be pretty fun!
Oh, and the best story that I almost forgot..... ten days ago the owner of the company where husband works announced that there would be a christmas party this year and it is on Friday the 13th (tonight). Who decides to have a party in December and puts out the invite ten days before? We have had something on almost everyday of the december calendar for over a month! So, we have a conflict and can't go. Well, I really don't know that I would go anyway... it's outside in the back pasture behind the owners house. So it will be cold and dark, and there will be a fire but then you will have to stand around and get all smokey smelling. He will not allow anyone to go inside his house, so he has a porta-potty outside by the barn for us to use! Then, they are serving BBQ, I don't eat pork, so there would be no food for me. Then everyone was instructed to bring a dessert. What is it with everyone having to provide their own desserts? Now we live an hour away, so I would have to balance said dessert on my lap the whole way! The kicker is that husband and I are the only ones not attending! Husband is VP of Sales for company. Owner has not given out awards for Employee of the Year or Salesman of the Year since 2006, it seems the $30 plaques were just too much for the multi-million dollar company to swing! ;) But, all of a sudden since it was learned that husband is not attending they are giving out awards! And Christmas bonuses will also be given out at this time, of which husband doesn't get because the owner told him "he makes enough money"! Can you tell I am a little bitter? To top it all off husband was asked why he couldn't just not go to our previous commitment and come to the office party? Really?! Well, enough about that!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Friends had this to say...