Monday, July 8, 2013

Well the 4th of July came and went!

Husband's office closes the week of the 4th, so with teen son working and so much else going on, we did what we normally do and stayed home for the week. Well, we did make a trip to the lake house for a few days. But the weather has been so rainy, we mostly stayed close to home.
We did eat at some really good places: Fat Hen, which is on John's Island on Maybank Hwy, it was so good! We tried Butcher and Bee, downtown on King Street for lunch one day, also very good. And then we visited our old favorite, The Mustard Seed, right here in our little town. I had their Pad Thai, which is amazing!
I took husband to the Aquarium, which he had not visited since 2006. It was packed with tourists, but since I used my pass, it was FREE for us! I would never have paid $30 a person to get in. Totally not worth it!
The teens brought friends to the lake with them so we had a house full! I think a good time was had by all, even though we had to dodge rain drops a few of the days.
Teen daughter and I are headed to a wedding in Pittsburgh at the end of the week. My cousin's daughter is getting married and I decided that since it was summer and we didn't have anything else to do, we would go. Weddings in my family are like big family reunions. And since I rarely get up to Pittsburgh to see my mom's side of the family I thought the wedding would be a great excuse to go for a visit. Unfortunately, I am driving! I hate being in the car for long periods of time, but I am going to suck it up and do it! 
Hope you had a great 4th and are enjoying the summer! It seems to really be flying by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time! Have a good time in Pittsburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love all the places you mentioned. The Aquarium is insanely priced!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...