Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Man, Am I Tired!

Yesterday kicked my behind! Our congressional district has to have a special election to fill the seat left vacant by our congressman when our governor appointed him to fill the seat left vacant by one of our state senators who quit in January. Did you follow that? Yesterday was the primary and one of my friends had asked me if I would be available to work. I went to a training session back in February and will have to work the primary, the run-off, since there were 16 republicans on the ticket of course no one got over 50% of the votes, and then the actual election in May. 
We had to be at the voting place by 6:15am and we were done at 7:15 pm! For someone that doesn't have a full time job, that is exhausting! My feet were killing me by the end of the day. And then all last night I kept having dreams about helping people vote! At least I didn't have too much planned for today.
Tomorrow I work out at Middleton Place again. I am sure we will be quite busy and then tomorrow night I have my book club. I still have 100 pages to read! Hope I can get it done, especially since i was the one that picked the book!
My SIL was supposed to come for a visit this weekend but I just got a text from her canceling. I have to say I am sort of relieved! I just don't feel like having weekend guests!
Just two more days til the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That's a long day no matter what you're doing!
    Here's to your civic duty!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know TGIF! Have fun at book club
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...