So I had always heard people talking about that show Hoarders, but I had never watched it. Until this weekend, that is. And Oh My! I have never seen such! I got sucked into watching about 4 episodes, back to back! Now I feel the need to throw everything in my house away! I packed up the back of my car with a load for Goodwill. Then I emptied out under one of the cabinets in the kitchen. You know the one. It had all sorts of random things in it, but no more! Then I cleared a whole shelf of magazines that I had been saving. They were Christmas issues of various magazines that I just knew I would need to look at again one day. Again, no more! They went to the recycling center!
Then, while I was going through things I found some stuff from when my best friend died almost 10 years ago. So of course I had to sit down and look through all that and get all teary eyed about the whole thing. This month marks 10 years since she died. I still really miss her a lot.
Saturday afternoon it was so nice outside, so husband and I decided to go to Beidler Forest, which is about a 30 minute drive from our house.
It's a nice place to walk around. They have a little over 1.5 miles of a boardwalk through the swamp. We saw two snakes sunning themselves on fallen trees. I took photos but can't get them to upload!
Friday night Husband and I decided to head to our church. Each Friday night during Lent they have a soup supper in the social hall and then Stations of the Cross in the church. We hadn't been yet this year, or should I say we hadn't been in probably 30 years to Stations of the Cross! So we decided to go. There were a bunch of different homemade soups to choose from. I had Corn Chowder and a homemade yeast roll. Husband sampled several different kinds. I couldn't believe the great turnout they had for the Stations! I would guess there were about 150 people there! Our priest says that each Friday more people have been showing up. I think it is a great way to get ready for Easter.
So how was your weekend?
I always feel itchy after watching Hoarders! I finally recycled my pile of Nov/Dec magazines recently, too. Ha! Yum Corn Chowder. I made some last week. Sounds like a fun event/weekend.
ReplyDeleteHoarders scares the beejeezes out of me too! But not nearly as much until I heard there are LEVELS of Hoarders! YIKES!!! I very well could be a level one... or two :)
ReplyDelete