Husband and I have decided that since we live a short 30 minute drive into Charleston, we should take advantage of that fact!
Saturday night we headed downtown to watch the boat parade and then grab a bite to eat.
It was fun, just the two of us!
Last night we decided to head downtown again for dessert and a walk.
This time teen daughter came along so we headed to King Street for some yogurt and window shopping!
Do you ever find yourself not taking advantage of the things around you?


Do I find myself not taking advantage of the things around me? YES! There are two very high points within nearby where I can go and set my mind upon things truly important, but I am often encumbered by the low points of everyday responsibilites to make time. Thanks for the reminder. BTW - that boat pic I can't get over... it is one for passengers, and not a remote, yes? Where can they walk aboard with all the lights?
ReplyDeleteSooo jealous! I love Charleston! My husband proposed to me at Poogan's Porch. We have been 5 or 6 times and were hoping to get back there for our anniversary this year but his father passed away and we didn't get to go. But we are really going to make it next year!
ReplyDeleteyes, guilty of that too!:( sounds like a wonderful evening!!
ReplyDeleteAll. The. Time! We have moved quite a lot over the years and each time I look back on our time in each place and wish we had taken advantage of things locally more.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous that you got to see the boat parade! I would love to do that one year but it seems we are so busy during the holidays that I can't squeeze it in.
Merry Christmas and may we all become tourist in our own towns!