Last Saturday we had Christmas with husband's side of the family. This photo is of his parents with all their grandchildren. Our daughter is the only granddaughter, on both sides!
It was the first time we had all been together in many, many years, but this year my MIL decided that she wanted to host everyone and we picked a date and made it happen!
We had a great dinner with turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, rolls with pumpkin pie and Bourbon Chocolate Chip pie and assorted cookies.
We exchanged gifts and went home with quite the loot!
Now we go to my family's this weekend for our celebration.
I just took the photo for our Christmas card on Saturday! Since my tripod broke, I just did a photo with the teens. I told them this would be our last photo card since next year teen son will be off to college and teen daughter will hopefully be studying in France. It didn't turn out too bad considering it was kind of just thrown together!
And today, I finally finished putting the lights up outside! It wouldn't have taken so long but, someone who shall remain nameless, thought I was taking too long to take them down last year and "helped" me and took them off and just wadded them into a huge mess! It was so bad I almost just threw them all away and bought new ones!
I got my first batch of Christmas cookies baked last night:
We exchanged gifts and went home with quite the loot!
Now we go to my family's this weekend for our celebration.
I just took the photo for our Christmas card on Saturday! Since my tripod broke, I just did a photo with the teens. I told them this would be our last photo card since next year teen son will be off to college and teen daughter will hopefully be studying in France. It didn't turn out too bad considering it was kind of just thrown together!
And today, I finally finished putting the lights up outside! It wouldn't have taken so long but, someone who shall remain nameless, thought I was taking too long to take them down last year and "helped" me and took them off and just wadded them into a huge mess! It was so bad I almost just threw them all away and bought new ones!
I got my first batch of Christmas cookies baked last night:
How are your preparations for the holiday coming along?
The days are flying by around here, too! Yesterday I had to bake two different sets of treats for cub scouts. I am sitting in my room right now looking at wrapping paper scraps, rolls, ribbon all over. Thankfully the rest of the house is under control. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it such a fun time of the year? I am so excited to celebrate! the celebration starts around here on friday when i log off and say good bye to work til the new year! Those cookies are always my favorites! And I know exactly what you mean about certain someones not putting the lights away correctly. must we do everything ourselves? xo
ReplyDelete