I have been reading this book because the sequel to it, Dreams of Joy is my book club read for this month and I had not read the first one yet. So far, so good!
Teen daughter decided she wanted to go to Miami to her cousin's high school graduation this Wednesday. So Thursday night I got online and found a great cheap ticket to Miami from Myrtle Beach. My in laws live there, so we drove up Saturday night, and spent the night so she could catch the 8:00am flight to Ft. Lauderdale. If you remember her flight to LaGuardia two summers ago, this one went much better!
In honor of National Doughnut Day, we met up with the Diggity Doughnuts truck in the Whole Foods parking lot on Friday. These doughnuts are to die for! I bought 4 cinnamon and sugar, a blueberry cheesecake, blueberry lemonade, and two chocolate potato chip! That made two for each of us.Thank goodness I can't get to the truck very often!
Since teen daughter is gone until Friday, I thought I would head over to GA to visit my college friend that lives in the country on a huge farm. I am ready for some girl time! I leave early tomorrow and plan to come back on Wednesday afternoon sometime.
Hope you are enjoying your June so far!




Those doughnuts look yummy! Glad your daughter got to Miami drama-free!
ReplyDeleteYUM!! have a great time with your BFF, those are the best!
ReplyDeleteShanghai Girls is on my list of "to read" - which seems to be impossibly long. Maybe if I had donuts....please let me know if you enjoyed the book!
ReplyDeletexomichele